Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Changes to Okipe

I couldn't sleep last night so I woke up and decided to add color to my latest painting. When I looked at the picture I was using for reference, I saw hues of purples, blues and magentas that I didn't notice before. I also added more layers to the outside of the image and black around the figure to give it those bold, black lines that I can't seem to live without. I believe that doing this also adds more depth. I love the way it's looking now. I think I could still add some more to it, but I'll let the painting "breathe" for a little while. If it needs something else, I'm sure it will speak to me. I was talking to one of my coworkers about the creative process this morning, and how it is more intuitive as opposed to linear. He said the artwork is "revealing itself". I really like that.





No comments:

Post a Comment