Thursday, October 13, 2011

Update

The Birth of Venus - Sandro Botticelli
I am moved. The world around me is inspiring me to get loud, and my voice is art. I've been suffering a sort of creative block for the past year. I think that creative block may happen to me when I've drained whatever source of inspiration I've been feeding from. It is a time to grow, to return to the place inside where artistic ideas are conceived. This season of waiting has been long, and now I feel the anticipation of something new growing inside me, almost ready to enter the world. The other night I dreamed that I was going to give birth, and my belly was grossly protruding as if the baby inside was long overdue. In the dream my older sister told me that it was time, and asked me what was I afraid of. So today I am asking myself, "What am I afraid of?"

2 comments:

  1. Don't be afraid, ur such a great artist! Love ur work! Always think bigger and better things!

    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your encouragement, Veronica and for taking time to look at my artwork yesterday. I love the connections that can be made through art.

    ReplyDelete